The Saunders family began raising cattle in Texas in 1850, when Thomas B. Saunders started his first ranch near Gonzales. His grandson, Thomas B. Saunders II, became the first cattle dealer on the Fort Worth Stockyards in 1902. The Saunders family enjoyed Fort Worth and stayed to form one of the strongest livestock businesses on Exchange Street. Saunders II, along with his sons, started the Tom B. Saunders & Company livestock commission. After the death of Tom Saunders II, his eldest son took over management. The family enterprise operated in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. In 1933, Thomas B. Saunders III reorganized the business into a cattle clearinghouse. The family still owns ranches in Benbrook, Weatherford, Cresson, and Parker County, Texas. Tom Saunders III participated in the National Cutting Horse Association, The Texas Southwest Cattle Raisers Association, and the Fort Worth Stock Show. At his own ranch in Weatherford, he established the Twin V livestock brand. A bunkhouse at the Weatherford ranch has been converted into a family museum with photos dating back to the early 1800s. After six generations of Saunders' men, the family continues to operate their ranches and serve on committees for the Fort Worth Stock Show. In 1981, the city of Fort Worth named a park after the family on Marine Creek.