Records of the Ranch Management Program, 1957-2005 (inclusive).
Scope and Contents
The records consist of Evening courses, audiovisual materials include promotional videos and photographs. Also newsletters, brochures, bulletins, and rosters.
- Creation: 1957-2005
- Texas Christian University. Ranch Management Program (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Biographical / Historical
In the early 1950s, a group of ranchers came to TCU to propose the establishment of a special educational program to address the needs of the ranching business. Mr. Charles Pettit, Walnut Springs, Texas, Mr. Roy Parks, Midland, Texas, and Mr. Milton Daniel, Breckenridge, Texas led this group of ranchers. With the support of the Directors of the Texas Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association and other ranchers, this group presented their proposal to Chancellor Sadler who listened to their proposal and agreed to work with them in establishing an educational program to meet their needs. Chancellor Sadler challenged this group to establish funding for the program and to develop the curriculum that they felt was necessary to meet the needs of the students. The Ewing Halsell Foundation of San Antonio made a $50,000 donation toward the endowment of the program. This contribution was followed by others and the program began in the fall of 1955.
0.25 Linear feet
Language of Materials
The records include promotional material and photographs featuring the TCU Ranch Management Program.
Vault BF 2
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from the Office of Communications, June 2006.
- Guide to the Records of the Ranch Management Program
- Compiled by Lisa Peña and Mike Strom
- September 2006
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script