Records of TCU Community Projects
Scope and Contents
Correspondence, photographs, agendas, invoices, drafts of speeches, printed material and ephemera document the activities of the office of TCU Community Projects under the supervision of Margaret Kelly, Executive Director of Community Projects at TCU, from 0000. The collection is divided into five series, TCU Events, Inaugurations, Convocations and Commencement, Schieffer Symposiums, and assorted ephemera. The files document the planning and execution of events organized for the Women’s Faculty Club, the Monnig Meteorite Gallery, the Mary Couts Burnett Library, the TCU Ranch Management department, as well as the inaugurations ceremonies of three TCU Chancellors: William Tucker, Michael Ferrari, and Victor Boschini. The records also document the planning of commencement and convocation ceremonies from 1997 to 2005. There is also extensive documentation of the planning of the Schieffer Symposium on the News, a gathering of media leaders who discussed the state of journalism which ran for 11 years with the participation of TCU alum and CBS journalist Bob Schieffer. The ephemera series includes t-shirts created for various TCU events.
- Majority of material found within 1992 - 2019
Conditions Governing Use
This collection is available for research.
4 Linear feet
Language of Materials
In four series. Series I: Community Project Papers, 1982-2019; Series II: Ephemera, 1992 -2019; Series III: Inaugurations and Convocations, 1965-2004; Series IV: Convocations and Schieffer Symposiums, 1999-2005.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Boxed from the office of Margaret Kelly
- Boschini, Victor
- Ferrari, Michael R.
- Moudy, James M., Dr., Chancellor
- Richards, Ann, 1933-2006
- Texas Christian University - Chancellors Subject Source: Local sources
- Texas Christian University -- Commencement Subject Source: Local sources
- Texas Christian University -- Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Texas Christian University -- Mary Couts Burnett Library Subject Source: Local sources
- Texas Christian University -- Ranch Management Program Subject Source: Local sources
- Tucker, William Edward
- Kelly, Margaret (Person)
- Records of TCU Community Projects
- Anne Dorf
- 08 2021
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, Mary Couts Burnett Library Repository
TCU Box 298400
2800 S. University Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76129-0001
Fort Worth Texas 76129
(817) 257-7282 (Fax)