Skip to main content

Records of the West Berry Church of Christ

 Collection
Identifier: MS 210-2018-013

Scope and Contents

The records include photos, notes and news clippings related to the church construction. Also a photo album and newsletters.

Dates

  • 1949-1967; 1998; 2006

Conditions Governing Use

The collection is open for research.

Biographical / Historical

This Church started in 1924 as the South Summit Church of Christ and met in several buildings before purchasing the site on West Berry Street in 1949. The new building was completed in 1950 and the church changed its name to West Berry Church of Christ at that time. The limestone church was designed by Charles O. Chromaster in the Spanish Colonial Revival Style. A matching education building was constructed in 1965 to the rear of the site. The church changed its name again to University Church of Christ to tie directly into the growing TCU area. When this strategy did not prove to be successful, the church sold the building to a group that re-positioned the facility into a combination meeting/office space named La Mancha Business Centre. The building was then purchased by TCU who recently adapted for their Human Resources Building.

Extent

.05 Linear feet

Language of Materials

English

Arrangement

The collection is arranged alphabetically by subject.

Physical Location

Vault:

Immediate Source of Acquisition

The donation was donated by Nelson Rodriguez in May, 2018.
Title
Records of the West Berry Church of Christ
Author
Lisa Pena
Date
May, 2018
Language of description
English
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Archives and Special Collections, Mary Couts Burnett Library Repository

Contact:
TCU Box 298400
2800 S. University Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76129-0001
Fort Worth Texas 76129
(817) 257-4566
(817) 257-7282 (Fax)