TCU Greek Letter Society Charters
Eight framed charters of TCU Greek Letter Societies that previously were displayed in the Brown Lupton University Union.
- Majority of material found in 1959-1970
Biographical / Historical
Since Sept. 11, 1954 the TCU Board of Trustees approves (16-7-1) to establish Greek societies on campus. In 2003 The Princeton Review ranks TCU the 15th biggest major fraternity and sorority scene in the country. Greeks obtain one of the largest pledging classes ever at TCU. More than $121,000 is donated by TCU’s Greek organizations to charities like Muscular Dystrophy Association, Children’s Miracle Network and the Tarrant County Food Bank. Chi Upsilon Sigma, TCU’s first national Latin sorority, is established.
.5 Linear feet
Language of Materials
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script