Skip to main content

TCU Faculty Woman's Club

 Collection
Identifier: RU 50

Scope and Contents

The TCU Faculty Woman's Club span the years 1925-1978 with the bulk of the material dating from 1970-1980. The collection includes constitution and bylaws, yearbooks, member lists, meeting transcripts and scrapbooks.

Dates

  • 1925-1985
  • Majority of material found within 1970 - 1985

Conditions Governing Use

The collection is open for research.

Biographical / Historical

The Faculty Women's Club of TCU was created in 1920. The club was formed to encourage social activities among its members and to give such assistance to the social life of the University. Membership was made up of women who are serving, either full or part time, in day classes or Evening College, on the teaching staff of the University, administrative officers and those who are wives of men serving in the above named ways. Members were divided into three classes: active, life, and non-resident. A dissolution recommendation was passed in 1994.

Extent

3 Linear feet

Language of Materials

English

Arrangement

The collection retains it's original arrangement.

Physical Location

Vault UU A1

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Unknown donation
Title
TCU Faculty Woman's Club
Author
Kerri Menchaca
Language of description
English
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Archives and Special Collections, Mary Couts Burnett Library Repository

Contact:
TCU Box 298400
2800 S. University Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76129-0001
Fort Worth Texas 76129
(817) 257-4566
(817) 257-7282 (Fax)